The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hello World

My name is Tom and I'll be your blogger. My ego has finally transcended the real and entered the virtual. In my remote corner of the net I will strive to uphold the fervent fist-shaking and baseless accusations that form the foundation of the internet as conceived by Al Gore so many years ago*. This blog will be mostly about screenwriting, but notice I left the window open with “and such” (I’m sneaky that way), so I can pretty much talk about anything I want without repercussion. But fear not! I will not subject you to my wild political views, my religious dogma, or my rantings about the obvious inequality of soft drinks in a cola-dominated marketplace. You have my solemn word that I will update the blog regularly, somewhere between posting my every waking thought and the Josh Friedman-esque policy of posting only while Mars is in retrograde.

So, stick around, leave a comment, and if you should discover just why the bag means your mind, please share it. I came close to understanding it once, and it scarred me for life. Ever since that fateful day, I can't look at a wingnut without screaming. Consider yourself warned.

*Al Gore did not invent the internet. He may not even know how to operate a computer. Comments he made about the internet were misconstrued and propagated as truth, most likely the result of a right-wing conspiracy to thwart the liberal stronghold on the media and Hollywood.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said…

    Wow! I'm first! Yippeee! Welcome, it's about fookin' time you made one of these. I'll link you on my blog just like you linked me.....oh, wait, you didn't, that's fine. What a god damned prick. Geez. We've only known each other for almost 20 years.

    Un-fucking-believeable. What a diss! I've been dissed in my time, but this takes the cake. And I like cake. And you took it. Phew. It's cool, I'm over it. Well, almost. I'll get there, with therapy.

    Glad you're on-board, and am looking forward to your inner-most thoughts.

    Bastard.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    Sorry, didn't have your blog address handy when I published this. It's up now. Option a script and all of a sudden your daddy funbags (no. I have no idea what that means)

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said…

    But I am Daddy Funbags. Or, I enjoy a nice pair of funbags.

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Webs said…

    Hey! You said no politics! At least tie in Al Gore's status as the father of a professional Hollywood scribe (his daughter worked on Futurama and SNL).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home