The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Friday, April 07, 2006

The Perfect Title

I went to see Thank You for Smoking tonight, and it was good. Better than good. Go see it after reading this post. Seriously. But that's not what I want to talk about. It's this damned Nacho Libre picture that's coming out.

It just may have the perfect title. I remember just seeing the words "Nacho Libre" in print somewhere. No logo, no pictures, just "Nacho Libre" in boring arial or some nonsense and I smirked. I just... smirked. Because it's funny.

I saw the words and instantly knew it was a comedy, and I instantly knew it was going to be goofy and nonsensical. Why? Because even though I don't speak a lick of Spanish, I know that "Nacho Libre" probably doesn't make a whole lotta sense, and that might be the point. The title tells me everything I need to know about the movie in one fell idiotic swoop.

Then I saw the poster, and I cannot imagine a better image to go with the title. Some overweight moron in a leotard* flying through the air sporting a face that either looks like he's staring down the grill of a speeding bus or is doing his best Kramer impersonation. Either way I'm there.

I'm so there. Nacho Libre. I'm sure there are more perfect titles out there, but right now I'm blinded by the cheesy wonderment that is Nacho Libre.

*I am well aware that the moron in question is Jack Black who may or maynot be a moron in real life.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Fun Joel said…

    And if you haven't seen it yet -- check out the trailer at NachoLibre.com

    Hilarious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home