The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Off to Austin

I’m heading to Austin for the screenwriter’s conference on Wednesday. This will be my second trip to both the conference and the fair city. The last trip was so fabulous I can’t imagine things turning out as well, yet I traipse on in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle once again.

Last time, I met some great people, took part in and won a pitch competition with my good buddy Ryan, and got a chance to ask Greg Beal what script he was working on and not to give up hope in breaking into the business.* Now it seems that my Nicholl entries will be fed directly into a shredder forevermore.

Because of my stand-up comedy class and writing a pitch for my new as yet unfinished script, I’ve been stuck on page 75 of my football spectacle and am looking forward to starting the gears of production once more. Please join me after the conference for my blog post entitled: A Tale of Two Pitches.

Wish me luck.


*It wasn’t quite that bad, yet it was so, so bad. I had no idea who he was, and made a complete ass of myself. I’m sure he contemplated getting some budding screenwriters to beat me to a pulp just to prove a point. At least that is what I would have done if I were him, but he’s a much nicer person than I.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said…

    We have to get you a movement coach. It's embarrassing. And there are so many other fabulous ways of perambulating. But good luck anyway. I'll be watching. Really. I mean from the sidelines this time. Out in the crowd, somewhere.

    Alone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home