The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Back in the Saddle

After the conclusion of my comedic subplot* I’m back hacking away at Movie Magic and am on a collision course with FADE OUT:. I hope to finish by December 11 or before. Currently I’m on page 102 and Act II is about to conclude. Looks like I’ll be missing the magic 120 by a few pages (maybe 130-135). I’d be ecstatic with 130 knowing that I will have more content with far fewer pages. Assuming this version is readable, I will send it out before December 14 to get some overall impressions and maybe some ideas on how to get the page count down.

Then I will take some much needed time off and chill for the remainder of the year, and then try and address whatever comments I have/start a new project in early January.


*Look for comedic subplot part II: Electric Boogaloo coming to a blog near you sometime before my dramatically unsatisfying demise.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said…

    You absolutely have to finish this next draft before you end up in some woebegotten place like, I don't know, Paris, where the local culture may not take too kindly to an expat American banging out his uplifting American football story. It would be unseemly.

    Of course, you could always spend the holidays in Pottstown. Football is welcome there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home