The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Done!

Minutes ago I put the final touches on my football script. And my God, it weighs in at 165 pages. Part of me is unhappy that I overwrote by about 50 pages, but the rational part believes that it is much easier to cut down, than to build up.

I just hope that when it comes time to kill my children that I can do it with a clean conscience and a sound mind*. I know there is a lot of bloat, but hopefully I can salvage the gems while cutting out the fat. Is that a mixed metaphor? I don't care. I'm tired.

Now I can go on my roller coaster vacation (more on that later) with a clean conscience. When I get back I'll survey the damage and start a rewrite.

*If you thought, even for a fleeting moment that I honestly was talking about murdering real children, then you have neither a clean conscience nor a sound mind...sick-o.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Systemaddict said…

    Grats bud...hardest part is always finishing...then you can go from there.

    Good stuff.

    Let me know if you need a read, I'm always willing.

    Now go, and enjoy what vacation may come, before work finds you sleeping.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    Once I get it in a readable form and under 120, I'd certainly like your input.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home