The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Monday, December 11, 2006

FADE OUT:

Well, I’ve hit my mark. The 2nd draft of Win is complete aside from a read through to correct typos and possibly implement some minor alterations. The good news is that I managed to reduce the page count from the original draft by about 29 pages. The bad news is that it’s still running long (136 pages), but hey this is a football epic right? I’ll get it to 120 by hook or by crook.

Now I’ll send it out to be evaluated by some peers. After the new year when I’ve cried sufficiently over their comments I’ll give it another pass and move on to my untitled non-football project*.

It feels great to be done . . . for now.


*It’s this great Rugby film about guys playing Rugby on a Rugby field. It will play great in the States. Does anyone have a Rugby net I can borrow (I want it to be authentic)?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said…

    Ooh! Me! Pick me! But can I read it at home this time? I don't want another awkward scene at Starbucks.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said…

    I have nothing else to add except that the fun word-verification word is now "glycod." Our favorite northern fish supersaturated with carbohydrates? (How else do they make those long voyages?) You'll have to take my word for it. Or not.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said…

    glad you've finished your beast. I don't like the title though.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    Honestly, I don't like it either, but it will do for now.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Julie O'Hora said…

    Right on, Tom. Congrats on the big finish!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    I don't have a rugby net, but I do have rugby helmets and rugby sticks you can borrow.

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    All I need now is a Rugby puck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home