The Bag Means Your Mind

A delightful mix of insightful comments and ignorant assumptions about screenwriting... and such.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My First (and probably last) Meme.

So Tavis tagged me, and the meme actually intrigued me so here it is. Guess the movie from the quote. Forgive me if all aren't verbatim. I know of only one person alive who has a chance at all 15. Some are easy. Others are even easier. Have at it.

1) "I did not know how empty was my soul, until it was filled."

2) "Fuck fish."

3) "You're just a tourist with a typewriter."

4) "She's not too young for me. She'll be twenty-seven in four years."

5) "Satan Claws is out there, and he's getting stronger every day."

6) "It's a dick thing. A D. I. C. K. thing."

7) "When there was no meat we ate fowl. And when there was no fowl we ate crawdads. And when there was no crawdads to be found, we ate sand."

8) "The last great opportunity of a lifetime. An entire world at war, and I'm left out of it? God will not permit this to happen. I'm going to be allowed to fullfill my destiny!"

9) "Some mistakes, I guess we never stop paying for."

10) "I'm not saying it about someone LIKE Kibner. I'm saying it about Kibner."

11) "I'm haunted by waters."

12) "You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant."

13) "True power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic cermony."

14) "I'm not talking about sex and penetration. I'm talking about penetrating beyond the veil of the flesh."

15) "What we do here and now. The books we read, the homework we do, will affect us for the rest of our lives. You gotta believe me. This is important. This, is who we are."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Tavis said…

    2. Adaptation
    3. Barton Fink
    7. Raising Arizona
    12. so familiar, but can't place it
    13. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said…

    4. L.A. Story

    7. This was already answered, but I'd like to post the next line...."You ate SAND?"

    11. A River Runs Right On Through It

    12. I agree with Tavis.
    15. Ah, that would be Eazy Reader. An epic, epic Four Horsemen Production.

    Tom, by the way, how's this for a character arc - after all the events in Eazy Reader, at the very end, the main character basically throws away all he learned and decides to go the the party anyway! Classic!

    (Apologies to the other bloggers who have no idea what we're talking about).

    Anyhoo, I'm about to post my quotes!

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    "One day we decided to make our own crawdads."

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Tavis said…

    "...and I threw it in the pot, forgetting to put the water in..."

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger aggiebrett said…

    Come on, man!

    8) PATTON

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    I knew you'd get that one Brett.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Thomas Crymes said…

    Most of the quotes have been guessed. If for some reason, you've wandered back to this lonely portion of the web, I'll post the remaining answers.

    1) Excalibur
    5) Last Boyscout
    6) Mo' Better Blues
    9) The Natural
    10) Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1979)
    12) Christmas Vacation
    14) The Fly (1986)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home